Saturday, January 31, 2009

It Says Something about Us

Rebecca and our five year old, Ben, had a funny conversation. It went something like this . . .

"Mom, I want to go on a date with you."
"What?"
"Not a smooching, cuddling, buying diapers date like with dad, but alone time with just you and me."
"OH!"
He got us there. Our dates usually do include Costco or Walmart. I can only image what his perception of dating will be when he gets older. He picks up his first date and they head striaght to Walmart . . . you just got to have those diapers.

2 comments:

Operaropera said...

3 0f 6, I was 7 of 8 and I remember wanting to spend extra time with my mom because it felt like I was overlooked the rest of the time. You guys are lucky, If you ever don't want one send one our way!

Heidi said...

That is just awesome. I'm sure our kids think the same thing... except we haven't bought diapers in a few years!